In 1993 I moved to Northern Virginia. I went from working as the manager of a music store to working in the civil division of a large county courthouse. Talk about end of spectrums (no, I did not say speculum!) This picture shows me and the wonderful young women who befriended me. Who invited me into their circle. It was a good circle. A warm circle. A fun circle. Little did I know at the time, we were soon to be branded, by the powers that be, as “troublemakers”. One could ask: did it have anything to do with little ole quiet moi? LOL
It was “Miranda’s” birthday. To celebrate we drove (I was behind the wheel for this particular escapade down one way streets!) into DC to have dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe. Then it was off to the 9:30 Club or was it the Black Cat? At least that was the plan. You wouldn’t believe where we wound up. All I can say is that it was one of those establishments on the wrong side of town, where your parents forbid you from ever going… It was the best of times:)
If I named these women by their SATC names, FOTDs (Friends of the Doctrine) would know who was the clark, scott and roger? Can you guess by looking at the pic? Clark! You have to wait before spoiling it for everyone! I’ll give everyone the first. I’m on the far right. In the green shirt and what? are those suspenders? Why yes, yes they are. Attached to lovely black, pleated, and most importantly, cuffed pants. Since you know I’m a clark, I’ll let you imagine the footwear.
This, my virtual friends, is my very first TToT post. (sigh) I know it’s late in the weekend but that doesn’t matter. What matters is that I try. And try I will. The Hop’s not over til it’s over….(fumble, trip…swearing…now…..think I’m ready….) I feel compelled to qualify my “10 Things” first by saying God forbid they necessarily be in order of importance! 2nd – I’m feeling “funny” doing this and 3rd….hey, wait a minute! this is supposed to be fun! This is supposed to be a learning experience and God knows clarks love to learn new things. Throw away the fear…clark.
- I’m thankful for whoever, whatever got me to hit the publish button on this. There are a few who have encouraged me to join in the fun. Invited me into the “group”. But it’s you Christine I’m thanking this morning. Thanks for being my “Charlotte” =D
- Technology. More specifically my computer. Even more specifically, still being able to pay the “internet bill”! Otherwise I’d be woefully lacking in the inspiration and encouragement I feel every time I visit someone’s blog. Every time I share with a person I don’t know, but do, on the FB.
- Don’t know why it’s 3rd but if you’d read the disclaimer above….I’m thankful for the Wakefield Doctrine. Shit damn if it isn’t my tool of tools for navigating life. (so where’s my Doctrine U sweatshirt huh, Clark LOL)
- Zoey. Our black lab. Who’s been single going on 3 yrs but hasn’t complained. (we told her she shouldn’t rush into a 2nd marriage)
- Knock on wood, my health. Geez. Loser that I am this is listed as number 5. But isn’t that a “good” number? A “lucky” number?
- That my rogerian “partner in crime” is so committed to teaching me all the boring music theory I begged him to teach me! He hasn’t given up and I know he won’t.
- Music. Without it, where would we be?
- Books. Without them how could we be?
- Films. Without them, who knows how far we can see?
10th but not least. The ever widening group of creative and talented men and women who have befriended me and invited me into their circle. Thank you.