No. We don’t need to know the square or pie of 5 x 2. Just the answer to this one simple equation. 10. Yes. This is a Ten Things of Thankful Blog Hop entry.
“You may ask yourself”, why? Why does she have to go and, and….change the format?! Everyone, well almost everyone, adheres to/follows the universally, heretofore accepted format/rule of this most wonderful of blog hops. What makes her think she’s special, huh!?
Well, I’m not special. Just a clark. My predominant worldview is that of a clark. The world/reality I wake up to every day is that of the Outsider. A noun that attempts to convey as accurately as possible what a clark feels about themselves in relation to the world. ‘Cuz, you know, it’s (the world) “out there”.
The Wakefield Doctrine is not a new thing. It’s been around for a couple of decades at least. What is new is the sharing of it on a mass scale via the Wakefield Doctrine Blog, secondarily through the Wakefield Doctrine Saturday Night Drive Call in Show and 3rdly via the increasingly popular Wakefield Doctrine International Video Brunch.
Hey! Without further ado, here’s my 5 X 2 of Thankful:
1) Quentin Tarantino: Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, the Kill Bills, From Dusk Till Dawn, Grindhouse, Django Unchained. And others….
2) Richard Linklater: Slacker, Dazed and Confused, A Scanner Darkly, the Before movies (Sunrise, Sunset, Midnight), The School of Rock and for having such a clarklike smile!
3) Robert Rodriguez: El Mariachi, Desperado, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Sin City, Planet Terror, Machete and… Spy Kids.
4) John Woo: The Killer, Hard Boiled, Bulletproof Monk, The Replacement Killers, Paycheck.
5) Michael Mann: Heat, Collateral, Last of the Mohicans and Miami Vice (’80s TV series)
Heads up people. clarks tend to do things differently. We do not mean disrespect, we do not intentionally wish to draw attention to ourselves, we simply have a creative drive that compels us to express ourselves (more often than not) in a manner that contrasts somewhat to the norm.
That’s it for me. There’s a bajillion other TToT Blogs to visit this weekend so I had better put on my best hat, most rugged boots and skidaddle. btw, anyone got directions to TToT’ville?