Hey! It’s GirlieOnTheEdge and man, am I.. on… edge. Why? Well, thank you for asking. Did you happen to read my post from October 20, 2013?
So, imagine you are living a life. It’s going alright until it doesn’t. A shit storm comes rolling over the hills. You’re on your own. In a foreign land with no help. So what’s a clark to do? Well, glad you asked. It’s about the summoning. About going to a place clarks are familiar. You know. The place. Where the ultimate challenge lies. The impossible.
Nothing is impossible to clarks. If we can imagine it, believe in it, it can be real. But I digress. I’m here to join in this most awesome of blog hops, the Ten Things of Thankful. And since I’ve run out of the vino, let’s get to this thankful list:
1) I’m darned thankful I now have heat in my car!
2) I’m grateful to have the capability and gumption to be guided by phone by my Man to flush out the hoses in the coolant system in my car to repair whatever the problem was so that I could drive around in toast-eey warmth. Pain in the ass doing the job. But worth it.
3) As to #2 – thankful for my niece’s husband who helped me to release a most resistant clamp on one of the hoses (and put it back on) so that I could work my mechanical mojo.
4) Very, very thankful that the weather here in Northern Virginia has been, for the most part, pretty reasonable for this time of year.
6) That I’m a clark.
7) Have I mentioned how thankful I am for this laptop? Yeah, I am.
9) For Cyndi. An inspiration to all clarks. She called in (as she does pretty much every Saturday night to the Doctrine Call in Show) and once again contributed to the ongoing discussion that is the Wakefield Doctrine which is to say a conversation about life and self development and…life.
10) The internet. Don’t think I’ve mentioned this one before. The world at a mouse click. A world of people. Are there. In person, in writing. Comforting.
11) That’s right. Eleven.