Here we are. Well, here I am. Hopefully there’s a “we”. It’s the weekend and I have certainly fallen into the M-F work, S-S r&r schedule quickly enough after being out of it for so many years. Funny that body memory thing.
And thank god for the body! If I had to rely on my mind all the time, well, I’d be in big trouble. LOL I’ve always been one of those who believe that “the body knows first”. My philosophy is to trust the body/instinct first. When too much time elapses, the brain has a way of filtering and more or less messing with the matter at hand.
Isn’t it amazing that a single event can be interpreted by a single person in multiple ways? Throw in the fact there are 3 ways in which to relate to the world x those multiple ways and you have yourselves a HUGE variation on life. Huh. I’ve got a “variation on life” happening big time at the moment. It all began October 22, 2013 but it has yet to solidify. The mold hasn’t set yet. Ingredients still being thrown into the bowl.
Of which the Super is this weekend. In New Jersey! Let me join the chorus….open stadium?! in New Jersey?!! Um, it’s dead of winter. In New Jersey. What were they thinking!!!! Ya know, today is Saturday and I am well within the limits to submit a TTot post. I believe this hop is still hopping. I mean, I’m actually posting on a Saturday morning. Instead of say, Sunday night…Kristi:). So first on the list i-i-s-s:
1) All the committed, disciplined people out there I have come to know who write every day, every other day, multiple times a week and give me the inspiration to try one more time.
2) Guess this should have been first but I’m thankful to wake up another day.
3) Thankful this list doesn’t have to be listed in order of priority.
4) That Lizzi thought to send me an invite to the Friday Night Vid Chat even though I’d given up that there was one. I tried sending an invite to the other host but gee Clark, did you not see it? did you not think to send ME an invite?!
5) That the unknown hair stylist I had an appointment with last night was conservative with my tresses. Spinning the wheel for a stylist can have disastrous results. Now, next time I see her, I’ll be more trusting:)
6) If Abby, (see above) is to become my hair guru, then what could be more convenient than taking the elevator down to the first floor in the building where I work?!
7) That part of what I pay for at what is to be my hair salon, is a lovely back massage while my hair is being washed. Who knew they made such chairs with weird roller things that move up and down your back. Feet up, massage…nice end to a long week.
8) I’m going to have to go with the Wakefield Doctrine. In fact, it will always be on the list of 10. It has provided an enormous open window.
9) Flat irons, a gazillion different hair products. You know, so I can vary the hairs on my head. Funny, last night Abby gave me a stylish, conservative look. One fitting my chronological age. As she was moving my hair around at the crown I suddenly saw how easy it would be to use a little mud/gel/pomade and get a funky metal 80’s doo going. Hey, I’m a clarklike female. Whaday expect!
10) My imagination. To have a vision of all sorts of me based on how I fix my hair, the clothes I wear and the shoes I put on my feet. To have a choice on how to walk through the world on any given day. Not tethered by the pressure of the herd, nor fueled by the demands of nature….I am, after all just a girl…..