I got time. I know it. (“yeah, whatever you say sister.sure. you’ve got plenty of time”). I’m talkin’ about writing a Ten Things of Thankful post for god’s sake! I’m lookin’ at the clock and right now the hands are wildly waving 7:01 pm. My brain, it’s screaming at me to get my ass (and fingers) moving! Fine! Fine already! Look. I’m here. I’m gonna post tonight no matter what!
Today I took the train from Alexandria, Virginia into Crystal City. Crystal City is located in Arlington, Virginia. Crystal City, from what little I saw today, is both cool and….I don’t know. Not quite real. Think it’s that undergroundness. And when I use the terms “cool” and “underground”, no. Not what you’d automatically think. LOL
The reason I took a train today was to attend the DC version of Listen To Your Mother (or LTYM). It’s part of a national reading series of writing mothers about mothers, for mothers, anything related to motherhood. I was there to support the fabulous (yes, I can use that adjective and I will) Kristi Campbell of Finding Ninee. Now. Why don’t we list them. Those ten things….I’m thankful for….
1. A beautiful, rainless, warm spring day. One fit for a train ride. Even a short one.
2. The invitation months ago from Kristi to attend this event, Listen to Your Mother (or else).
3. Not finding some reason not to go.
5. Little tiny bottles. Of Absolut Rasberri.
6. My job. Which is keeping me tres employed. (which is how/why I discovered #5)
7. Cyndi. Of Pictmilitude fame. Who is a shining star for my people.
8. the Wakfield Doctrine. Of course.
9. The Cat.
10. Gestures. From said Cat.
(now what? movie clip? music clip? book quote? quick! they’re waiting! lemme see…..)