Good morning on this, the first day of not daylight savings time! I do not look forward to the sun setting today at 5:07 pm however! we have only 49 more days before the days start getting longer! You don’t have to tell me. I know. Don’t worry about 49 days from now. “Worry” about today. Today is what matters.
I don’t want to rush this post and yet I feel as if I should. I don’t want to languish on how to “best” say anything. How to phrase a sentence “better”. Hell. Just want to write what I’m feeling. Except I’m not entirely sure of that these days. But you know what? This post? It’s not about me. Not really. It’s about you. It’s about being thankful. It’s about life and death and gifts. It’s about “seeing”. It’s about “doing”.
No clever listing. Simple, straight forward #’s. The order of which implies no level of priority of importance/significance. Thankfuls are thankfuls. Plain and simple. Powerful.
1) The condolences sent to me last week. I’m not overly adept at expressing my thanks during times of sadness. I tend to be a bit awkward dealing with “extreme” emotion. Thanks to all who came to the Edge and left me words of encouragement and commiseration.
2) Thankful the weather held last Wednesday. Funerals on a rainy day are the pits.
3) Gifts. Imo, there are gifts bestowed when a person close to us dies. Not monetary, not physical. There are gifts of renewal, insight, appreciation and generosity. There are gifts of opportunity and redemption. The duality of death is that it is also a celebration of life.
4) Family. In whatever form it takes.
5) Music and film and books/writing. The 3 primary sources of catharsis, creativity, expression and escape.
6) “Aunt Denise”. As in 2nd generation. Children of the children. Special.
7) Lizzie for this bloghop. For an ever widening circle of community.
8) Steady employment. I say this even knowing I will be spending today in the office.
9) A place to stay while I find a place to live.
10) the Wakefield Doctrine. An invaluable life tool and resource.