Thanks fristly to Dave, Bud & Marty. Breadline is one of my favorite Megadeath songs. The other one? Symphony of Destruction. (duh) That 2nd one? Makes me smile every time. So wide I used to laugh. Speaking of laughter, be sure to be on the lookout over at the Doctrine. Clark will surely write about “pre-emptive denigration”. Yes, it will be horrifically enlightening as to the workings within a clark’s personal reality.
Hey! Whatsay I make youtube my 2nd thankful. Makes sense to me. A virtual corn’ocopia of time capsul-ettes. What a freakin’ genius idea!! Music is always a thankful. Thinking back on the week….commuting music. Used to be if I heard Metallica on the radio, on the way to work, I could be assured of a good day. Hearing this on Friday’s return commute? Hm. In my unconsciousassignsignificancetosongsandlyricseventsmoments, “what’s that mean?” lol?
Me. Yeah. Can’t believe I’m writing this but what the fuck. The reason me? I had the idea to write a blog a long time ago. Surely, a huge personal challenge.The journey has been spotty, fraught with “life events”, maturing. In spite of not writing much any more, the jewel bestowed up me was that it put me in touch with many individuals with whom I would never have had the opportunity to “meet”. Through them, my world has gotten bigger, brighter. And it makes me feel good. You guys. You know who you are and I say “thank you“.
Faith. The ability to believe. In anything. Number 4.
5. Another day. Today. This day. Now. Whatever is outside the door. It’s mine to make of it what I will. To see the things I can’t see… to do, without doing.
Halfway to the “finish line”. This is a weekend bloghop, oui? As it turns out, I have special dispensation from the Guard Virgins (especially from the newest one) to return tomorrow to share in my next 5 things of thankful.
Look whose back?! I said I’d return today with 5 thankfuls – the balance of 10.
6) B.B. King. More specifically this album. Thank you B.B. Thank you. I read yesterday that B.B. is in hospice care at his home. He is most definitely a thankful. His music is part of the tapestry of my life.
7) Reminders. Not the ones to pick up milk or the dry cleaning. The reminders that surround us every day should we dare, deign or care to look. No, make that see. There is no second act, no second chance. This is it people. Let me tell you from experience, fuck it up and well, if you think life was a challenge before…..
9) Beautiful weekend weather!
10) AUTOPILOT. Hm. Is this really a thankful? There are times when I’m glad my body functions on autopilot. But then….it can be pretty scary after the fact LOL Do you ever find yourself driving in your car with one destination in mind but then realize you’re on the road going in another direction because, well, you go that way so often? I think there’s a life lesson in this somewhere….now where’s that damn map?……
What are you waiting for? Get out there. It’s all yours…..