Welcome to GirlieOnTheEdge. Today, is the Sunday edition of Lizzie’s Ten Things of Thankful.
Music is my second language. I am fluent in it. I can’t always speak it well with others. I know it, I feel it. It is me. Whatever the music, song, lyric is at that particular moment. Expression. Self-expression. Inability to self express. Outlets. We all need them. I need a creative outlet. Once upon a time ago it was this, the writing of words. I suppose it still is to a certain extent. Then I realized 3 years ago this summer, when I’d turned a corner in my goal of playing bass that I had found another outlet. I knew it was there! I knew it! Because I felt it. Only, months after this revelation, I left one life (and one family) for an unknown, as yet (duh!) undetermined one. The one I now find myself living. Only this life? So not what I expected, intended or otherwise thought I would have. So what about that, huh?! If you’re single, then life can be less complicated in many ways. If you’re not, the lines can start to fuzz out and bleed. Yeah, sure. But what about choices?! What about them? They’re our own to make. Easy for you to say. Easy if you’re a scott!
- For the text I just got from Ivy aka Zoe. Smile. Put a big one on my face. Thanks.
- For not completely succombing to the “dark side”.
- For the fortune of finding kind, genuine folks with which to co-habitate while I “find” the life I came here to establish. And! the opportunity to learn to speak Spanish from them.
- Coffee. Coffee. Coffee.
- For my health. To sustain me through little sleep and much work. I did it. Cool.
- For remembering things, moments, achievements that somehow go missing when you most need them.
- For the Wakefield Doctrine.
- For Blogdominion! Yes, good story. And a reminder that it’s all there if we want it. It takes discipline and desire.
- For the generosity of others. I feel blessed.
- For waking another day.
Options. Choice. Action. There is only one day. This day.