Welcome to GirlieOnTheEdge. Once again, I lift the title of this post from the screen of daily words. We cull what we need from wherever, yes? And so I offer up this, my TToT post. 10 things. Surely, there are 10 items I would be thankful for this week?
- Getting sick. What?! Yes. Ordinarily, I am a most healthy person. However, this Friday past I found myself under siege once again. 2nd time since Thanksgiving. Explanation, why a good thing? Well, you know that out of body, slight to the left feeling you get when your throat is telling you it hurts and your head is screaming to take away the pillows covering your sinuses? You’re a little lightheaded but you didn’t take any drugs? Yeah. That. In spite of feeling like absolute shit, I was still pleasant at work. I entertained, I engaged. I made people laugh. Not that I can’t do this while “healthy”. But this was a tad different. Girlie’s scottian secondary ruled the day by grabbing me by the arm and telling me “go take a nap, I gotcha covered”. Emotional content baby.
- Friday Night VidChat. I don’t attend these like I did in the old days. Last Friday (sick Friday) I stayed until the very end of the chat! Imagine that lol. It was very enjoyable in spite of my being under the weather.
- No power outage. 30+ inches of snow here. Losing power would have sucked.
- The Ritz. The eighties were cool. Yes. Really.
- My “new” phone. I’m still amazed at all it can do!
- Always for job, shelter, transportation and food.
- An invite to Sarah’s big birthday bash. Go Sarah! It’s gonna be huge. Why, our very own Lizzie will be in attendance as she hits the shores of “Murica yet again.
- Blogdominion. A way cool serial Clark is writing. Just the beginning. Oh yeah, you can catch it over here too! Under Fantasy
- Daylight Savings Time in….43 days exactly. Begins on a Sunday 😀
- Today. My only day.
Fear… Resist. Dispatch. Discover all that is present, available and at your disposal.