Greetings and welcome to GirlieOnTheEdge. I’d like to thank Lizzi and her last comment here at Girlie for helping me decide today’s video. It’s one I’ve used in a past post and one of my favorite Halestorm songs. So, to Lizzi and her bloghop, Ten Things of Thankful, and to Everyone “out there”, here’s to us….
Several months ago, I agreed to sign up and participate in a 5k walk/run for a local elementary school. A friend of mine’s daughter works there and of course was looking for “volunteers”, good cause, etc, etc. Being a clark and all, this wasn’t on the top of my list of “things to do” on a Saturday morning lol. May I say, now that it’s done, I’m glad I joined in the fun (did I mention I had to be there at 7 am!!!). In spite of my oversleeping, plumbing problems (I fixed temporarily? for my landlordess. not!), no coffee, rain and cold temperatures…yes, I’m glad to have participated. That is TF numero uno.
Lessee….my 2nd item might have been a TF for the last of cold weather but wait! After experiencing a gorgeous 81 degrees here yesterday, Tuesday is supposed to be…like 49. What is up with that?! But it is wonderful to see the grass so green, the flowers and trees blooming. Yeah, it’s nice. Spring is here.
3. Backstory aside, I’m thankful to live with, and have as a landlord, a genuinely kind, pleasant and generous young woman. It gets a tad “hectic” with the 9 yr old sometimes, (she’s also my Spanish tutor and did I mention she was 9? and I’m pretty sure a scott? lol) but hey, it’s all good.
4. You know, I’ve expressed thanks for my job, for employment but I don’t think I’ve actually included my co-workers. Office staff, attorneys, I can honestly say I like them all! Everyone is great and as small as our group is (and getting smaller) I’m greatful to work with such a pleasant, hard working group.
Give me a 5 spot, we’re halfway through! So speaking of this great bunch of people I work with – one of my friends there (who sits next to me) were talking one day with one of the attorneys. When the 3 of us get talking you never know what topic might be brought up (thanks to “J” of course. I’ll blame it all on her lol). Anyway, come to find out she’s been shooting pool (or is that playing billiards) since she was way young. We traded stories from our past and now! we both are going to (make an attempt to) take it up again….during our lunch hour. Yay!
6. Being overwhelmed by reading material. This is really a combo TF and HTF (hypo-thankful). While I adore the easy availability of copius, seemingly endless amounts of reading material, it has dismayed me lo these many months, that I’ve been unable to do much reading of any of it at all!
7) Gym membership. It’s slow going. Still only making it 3 days a week but I’m hoping by tagging along with my niece to a BodyPump class I can kick (no pun intended) my fitness goals into higher gear.
8! The sky is looking lighter outside my window…is it?…could it…? 🙂
10. Waking up again today. And participating.
Life at one time or other presents challenges. Big, small. Devestating…Somehow, find a way to step out. Out of the room, out of the house, out of your own self and take a chance. A leap of faith. Participate. In the world. Out there. You may be surprised at the benefits a little “forced” participation may provide.