I officially walked, Kenneth Cole black leather case hanging from my shoulder, into my new TimeLine at precisely 8:30 am. Monday, May 9, 2015. A relative straight line 7.1 miles from where I presently live, I no longer have the commute from hell. No more Cowboy driving (6:00 am), no more Video Game driving (7:00 pm). The Capital Beltway has given way to a lesser road. And sometimes it’s alright to travel a lesser road.
It has been 4 weeks since my last TToT and these are my thankfuls:
1.) the Cat
2) My own damn self
4) My new work place. The people there are…nice. The atmosphere is…comfortable. And! They have cake day once a month (yes, there is also ice cream to go with said cake!) I’m grateful to work with a group of people who, from the beginning, made me feel welcome. I appreciate that.
5) And! I’m appreciating enjoying a new career that is not as deadline driven as my last job. I have walked this new world, for a full two weeks and it has taken that amount of time for me to re-adjust my body, my brain. It’s taken that amount of time to learn to not pressure myself to read faster, comprehend faster, do everything…faster. There is not the pressure to get it done by (fill in the time, same day). What a novelty! lol
6) I’m quite grateful for working on the 5th floor. There are a total of 6 floors, 7 if you include the basement where you access the garage beneath the building. I’ve recently (as in the latter part of this past week) begun to walk the the stairs at lunch. I’ll walk up to the 6th floor, turn around, walk down to the basement, back up, then back down and out the garage to take a walk outside. Why not? (The first time I did it I thought my heart would pound right out of my chest!) Besides, I’m not a fan of elevators. Here’s 2 new reasons why: 1) On the close of my second day, I rode Elevator 1 from the 5th floor to the 1st. It’s customary for the elevator doors to open at the floor corresponding to the button you pushed, yes? Well, the ride’s over and the doors didn’t open. I stood there thinking, “huh, what’s up with this… the door will open… now….” only it didn’t and I’m thinking, only for a split second, “shit! what if I’m stuck in here?“. I pressed the 1st floor button a couple of times. Nothing. They say 3rd time’s a charm. It was. The door opened. Well, since I’d yet to decide about taking the stairs, that little episode convinced me not to ride Elevator 1! Which leaves Elevator 2. One day early last week, my 2nd week (and before the stair “challenge”), I arrived at work and rode up in Elevator 2. As soon as I see the 5 light up and the bell ding, I’m standing in front of the doors. Waiting to exit. And I’m waiting. And waiting. WTF! I press the 5 button. Nothing. I press it again. Nothing. I press it a 3rd time and presto, chango! the doors open. What the hell is up with that?!
7) Music. Need I say more? OK… access to all the music 😀
8) Lizzi Lewis for creating this bloghop and keeping it going after so many years. Often a thing created loses energy over time regardless of our fondness for it.
9) The realization that no matter how long my absence, when I return to the virtual world, all the people I’ve grown fond of and some newer people I’ve only just begun to know, are still there/here. Still writing. Still creating. Still present. How wonderful is that 🙂
10) This day. Right now. Each minute moving forward. The knowledge that there are resources available to me to assist me in doing anything, should I know where to look; should I have the energy and the inclination. Should I believe.
“All that it is, is what it is”. The challenge? Not to focus on what isn’t.