“Morning. Welcome to GirlieOnTheEdge. Got to say, the most beneficial place for me is on the edge. Define edge? Hm…it is that split second of opportunity when time ceases, when consciousness is “expanded” such to allow for the impossible, improbable, “no way!” moments. Clark likes to call it the “cubic centimeter of chance”. It’s when a window opens up. Not really accessible by design, most often comes as a surprise and surely not an everyday experience.
Ahem! Yes, where was I? Clearly, in a contemplative mood. Very. For clarks, “contemplative” comes with the risk of indulgence. We can get lost inside of our heads thinking about the past about the future about the wtf present. New readers, “clark” refers to my personal reality, that of the “outsider”. It is my dominant reality and it is one of 3 personal realities/perspectives we all live in. Check out the Wakefield Doctrine here. You may or may not “get it” but if nothing else, the folks who hang out there are, well, representative of clarks, scotts and rogers! And…it’s kinda fun over there. Learning new things with a twist. And! You just may find it’s the most usefull life tool you have yet to discover.
What brings me out here today, Sunday, is the Ten Things of Thankful bloghop. You’ve heard of it no doubt as it has been circulating the net for years. Lizzi Lewis. Yes, that Lizzi Lewis gave of herself and offered the bloghop as a vehicle for herself and others to remind ourselves of the goodness and opportunity and friendship in our lives. She offered a vehicle by which to communicate, reach out, identify and otherwise relate to others near and far. Thank you Lizzi!
As Lizzi is a woman on the go, a person in motion, an individual on a quest, she realized the moment when stewardship of her hop, affectionately dubbed the TToT, should be passed to someone else. Enter side stage center, Josie Two Shoes, Wendy. She accepted the privlege and enables anyone willing, to join in and share of themselves joys, sorrows, delights, achievements, failures, wonders, success, hope fors and all manner of thankfulness. Thank you Wendy. So if you’ve a mind to, join in.
1. Rainy day? Yeah, I’m thankful. It’s another day.
2. Coffee. Sure, listed this before but you know what? I have a new appreciation for it. Friday night after work, I went to the store to buy coffee. Believe it or not, I was basically out of coffee (I know! how could I let that happen!). I had enough for 1 cup of whybotherit’ssoweak for the next day. Well, I left the store with everything but coffee. O. M. G. Yesterday morning I was exhausted and had nothing to jolt me to consciousness. None of the black gold, no go-go juice for me. It was an awful, haze day for sure! But I got through it. None of the things that might have irritated me had I been caffeinated bothered me. Score.
3. Music! As shared by others. Thanks, Clark for posting the Jimi vid, Rainy Day Dream Away. Perfect.
4. I must echo the thankful for the internet. Well, acutally, thankful for access to the internet. Hell-oo Heaven at a clark’s fingertips. Bliss achieved in every byte uploaded, information 24/7 😀
5. Encouragement by participation. It’s funny how when you’re not even looking, when you are genuinely engaged with the world, you find all sorts of encouragement, sometimes when you didn’t even realize you needed it.
6. Carlos Castaneda’s first 4 (maybe the 5th book) of his Don Juan series.
8. Flowers from Columbia. They are rainbow bunches of smiles 🙂
9. Curiosity. This one is both a thankful and a hypo-thankful!
10. See item #1. This day is my gift, challenge, opportunity. This day is my responsibility.
<p><a href=”https://vimeo.com/55844107″>Casino Christmas Sunset</a> from <a href=”https://vimeo.com/meanadvantage”>Mean Advantage Productions</a> on <a href=”https://vimeo.com”>Vimeo</a>.</p>