I had intended to post a Ten Things of Thankful post this weekend. Thank you Clark for a great TToT and for reminding us of the origins of this hop. Seeing as this is the last week the TToT will be hosted by Josie, how could I even think of not posting! Thanks to Lizzi for bringing it to us 🙂 Many thanks to Kristi for being the new administratrix, curator, overseer. We are in wonderfully capable hands 🙂
It’s 8:48 pm. Just got off the phone with Clark of the Wakefield Doctrine. He’s been hosting a call in show, the Wakefield Doctrine Saturday Night Call in Show for…a long time! Good convo. Had a little bit of everything, talked about writing, flash fiction, raccoons, rogers, Ted radio talk.
Don’t know about you and where you live but here, in the DC area? Gorgeous weather lately. Warm, sunny, n-i-c-e. Cool, huh Kristi? About time, eh? lol Hey Kristi! Guess who Alexa cued up just now? Oh yea, our favorite band and an oldie but goodie. Of course, Fade to Black. Never too old. Never.
I feel like just writing but I realize there is protocol to follow and so without further delay and/or rambling, my thankfuls are as follows:
- Metallica! At this moment, because it’s playing right now, the instrumental in Fade to Black.
- The 1980’s. The music. The heavy, glorious metal and the fact that life for me was all about bands and musicians. I was fortunate my circle of friends were musicians. Life revolved around music. It was good.
- A visit to my hair stylist. Nothing better to lift your spirits (if you are of the female persuasion) than getting a haircut and highlights on a beautiful Saturday morning.
- House sitting. So this house sitting gig comes with Alexa in the kitchen. Luckily for me, my niece and nephew in law have good taste in music…that’s right. They dig 80’s metal. Alexa’s got all the right stations cued. I can sit and write this post to Motley Crue, Cinderella, the aforementioned Metallica, Skid Row… 😀
- My car.
- The love of driving.
- I am thankful for getting a damned hold of myself after my first night house sitting. I know I have company in my almost phobia/fear of dolls. The big ones. The ones that are 3′ or taller. With faces. Damned straight. No good. None of ’em! My first night, Thursday, it was late, I went to the lowest level, the family room, to get something. Wtf! Youngest nephew had left his oversized, stuffed Superman doll laying across the sofa cushions. Painted face and all. I’m sleeping up on the 4th level. Not a huge house but still, 4 levels. No carpeting on the stairs. See where I’m going with this? lol The bed faces the door which of course, duh, opens to the hallway. The stairs are to the right past a bedroom and the upstairs bathroom. I could not stop my imagination. What if I looked over and saw Superman standing in the doorway? No. Not a great night sleep lol
- Thankful I remembered Superman was a positive role model. If he decided to walk up 3 flights of stairs to see me in the middle of the dark night, why, surely that was a good thing. Right?
- Positive examples of practice. Positive examples of people developing their craft. New writers showing up at Six Sentence Stories. Hey Marti! Deepa! See you next round! And old friends. Good to see you May 🙂
- I am thankful each day gifted. What can I gift in return….