Greetings and salutations! I’m Girlie and you have found your way to the Edge – GirlieOnTheEdge. Welcome. This blog has been around a long time. It has grown, evolved, waned, almost disappeared…trying all the while to hone it’s voice. GirlieOnTheEdge began as a way of sharing. Like a ham radio operater, I sent words out into the airwaves hoping someone might pick up on the frequency and discover my words. Words that always contained a message. Of hope, encouragement, humor (no, really! I wrote some humorful words once upon a time lol). It was also a voice to share a life tool that to this day totally blows me away in it’s spot on perspective into why people act and do the things they do. Amazingly helpful to me, how could I not share that with other people. That’s right! I’m talking about the Wakefield Doctrine aka the theory of clarks, scotts and rogers. Numero uno folks. How can it not be?! It has helped me navigate the crazy world of relationships – family, co-workers, friends….
Scrolling through my posts, as time and life wittled the wood of this place, there remained a constant. I would almost always write a 10 Things of Thankful post. As my readers know, it’s a bloghop offered by our recuperating wordsmistress Lizzi Lewis. She of Considerings fame shared a thing that has touched the lives of countless folks. Dos y dos Lizzi 😀
3. A safe return last weekend from my homeland.
4. Having a huge smile on my face when I went in to work after being on vacation. The office was decorated for Christmas! And that always makes me smile.
5. For my family. I am one lucky Girlie.
6. The generosity of friends. Old friends. Lifelong friends.
8. My health and the wealth in my possession that is not of material or financial form.
9. the Cat.
10. Right here, right now. This day. A gift to me one more time.
Let’s step outside of ourselves today, get out of the way, and look around. Pretty amazing, eh?