Hey! It’s Sunday morning 7:32 am. At this moment. Welcome to GirlieOnTheEdge. And you know what? The requisite 30 minute wait time has expired and I’m free now to ingest coffee. But I have to put the pot on. Be right back….
See? Didn’t take too long. 30 minute wait time? Oh that. I take a 1x weekly dose of medicine for my osteoporosis. Upon waking I have to not ingest anything except 8 ounces of water (puke) and take a white pill. Since this is a TToT post, surely I’ll include the fact that I am grateful to have had the medical insurance that lead me to this quirk in my weekly routine.
You know, I just don’t know where to begin! The title of today’s post was a quote to my significant other Friday morning. After Thursday evening’s commute, I was determined to get in to work early enough so I could leave no later than 3:30 that afternoon (you’re pretty much doomed then too lol). “…ya know, minutes matter in the morning…”
And so they surely do. They matter in a very special way. I don’t know if it’s the same for scotts and rogers but for clarks? the early time is special. Why just last night on the Wakefield Doctrine Saturday Night Drive Call in Show, Clark and Cynthia and I were discussing that very thing. How did you describe it Cyndi?
It’s 8:26 am. I’ve had a few pleasant interruptions this morning so I’m thinking perhaps it’s time to dispense with hopes I have witty words and simply put up my list of
9) that I woke up again to this day of blue sky and sunshine. a good start to the week :)
8) got to do it… I’m thankful for not being part of any of the many accidents along the Beltway this last week.
7) my new purse! finally, I’ve found one bigger than the last but not too, too big (it’s actually pretty heavy right now and I haven’t finished filling it lol) at a fantastic price! (so good I was able to buy an almost fuschia colored cashmere sweater. yes. winter is around the corner)
6) music. Every now and again, well pretty reguarly, I’m reminded of how empty and incomplete my life would be without it.
4) knowing so many talented people out and about in cyberland to inspire me. As of late, there are folks trying their hand (me, I’m tying lol) at writing short stories and that’s exciting! Truth be told, I’d thought about it. Especially after a few of ivywalker’s 6 Sentence Storytime over at her place. Maybe? Maybe.
3) Blogdominion. It’s a new serial story. I’m liking the premise. In fact, without partiality I can say, I’m hooked! Hey Val! It’s pretty good so far, yes? :) Hint: site opens with most recent chapter. Just hit the back arrows to Prologue. And don’t forget to vote!
2) the opportunity that is around me given I have the eyes to see, the energy to grasp, the will to make happen
1) this moment… there is no other.