Have you ever heard a song for the first time and instantly felt it grip you with emotional tenterhooks? Hooks so sharp they effortlessly pierce the hardened lining you mistakenly attributed to life? Left hanging, stretched in places not often stretched, you wonder what just happened? Then you’re all like “I love this song”. No never mind it’s a cover of a very old song. It affects us on a level that all too often we brush aside in the name of “I don’t have time right now” or “I can’t because I have to (fill in the chore, routine)”. Music, people. It’s the doorway to another place within our own selves. Walk through it. Make the effort to open that door. You see, doors are made to open first.
Sunday TToT post? It sure is!
- The weather the last few days! In the mid-Atlantic it’s beautiful. Summer has arrived! Having recently emerged from 26 days out of 30 with rain….it’s glorious.
- Reminders. From folks who don’t care if I like what they have to say but tell me anyway because well, they care.
- My new job. So far so good. It takes time to learn a new job. I am attempting to be more patient with myself and ignore the internal screams of “you’re not learning fast enough”, “what the hell! why didn’t you remember that?!”
- That I have a rather pleasant alternative for lunchtime walks if I need a little peace and quiet. The builiding I work in is situated next to a funeral home. Next to the funeral home is…a cemetary.
- I’ve gotten to the gym 2 days consecutively! Don’t laugh! That’s a big one for me😀
- the Wakfield Doctrine. (of course!)
- My health. I’m totally grateful that I have no major health issues and that my mind is still functional, still able to learn and develop. (uh, one of you better let me know if not! lol)
- To my littlest of housemates for reminding me to brush my teeth at night! We made a pact a couple of months ago to remind each other every night (almost every night lol) to brush our teeth. In an effort to help a 9 year old with improving her dental hygiene, she has helped me. Funny, that reciprocity thing😀
- Music. New. Old. Old new.
- This day. The only day.
Listen for the music. When you cannot hear it, remember to use your eyes to see the music your ears are not hearing…